Decision Support Systems What Is It Definition Examples And More
The concept explains the usefulness of decision support systems for organisational problem solving. It describes the types of decision support systems available, their advantages and limitations, as well as real case studies of firms using DSS across different industries and sectors.
Decision Support Systems Definition
Decision Support Systems (DSS) are interactive computer-based systems that enable people to use IT communications, data, documents, knowledge and models to solve problems and make decisions. DSS are intended to improve and speed-up the processes by which people make and communicate decisions. However, they are designed to be auxiliary systems instead of replacing skilled decision makers (Power, 2002).
Decision Support Systems Description *
* The full technique overview will be available soon. Contact us to register your interest in our business management platform, and learn all about Decision Support Systems.
Strengths, weaknesses and examples of Decision Support Systems *
* The business evidence section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the Business Evidence.
Decision Support Systems videos and downloads *
* The professional tools section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the professional tools.
Decision Support Systems web and print resources *
Decision Support Systems references (4 of up to 20) *
* Arnott, D., Dodson, G. (2008) Decision Support Systems Failure. In Burstein, F., Holsapple, C.W. (ed.). Handbook on Decision Support Systems 1. Springer.
* Arnott, D., Pervan, G. (2008) Eight Key Issues for the Decision Support Systems Discipline. Decision Support Systems, 44, pp. .
* Burstein, F., Holsapple, C.W. (2008) Handbook on Decision Support Systems 1. Springer.
* Carlson, B., Chen, Y., Hong, M., Jones, R., Larson, K., Ma, X., Nieuwesteeg, P., Song, H., Sperry, K., Tackett, M., Taylor, D., Wan, J., Zak, E.(2012) MISO Unlocks Billions in Savings Through the Application of Operations Research for Energy and Ancillary Services Markets Interfaces, 42, pp.58-73.
* The further reading section is for premium members only. Please contact us about accessing the further reading.
Learn more about KnowledgeBrief Manage and how you can equip yourself with the knowledge to succeed on Decision Support Systems and hundreds of other essential business management techniques