Grant Funding For Community Groups Supporting The Cost Of Living
We know community, voluntary and not-for-profit groups can make a huge difference to residents who are struggling with the cost of living this winter. To help with this, we have grant funding available for community and voluntary groups to bid for so they can provide vital support to residents.
To bid for funding, you must submit your bid on behalf of a voluntary, community and not-for-profit organisation which is currently active in Warrington and will take place up to (but not beyond) 31 March 2023.
Examples of projects which could receive grant funding:
* Provide advice and support to residents at risk of financial difficulty
* Support vulnerable residents to stay safe at home this winter
* Provide resources to support keeping people warm at home/ reduce their energy consumption
* Create a warm space using an existing community building which also provides advice, guidance and support to those who come
* Provide support around improving energy efficiency in people’s homes
These are just some examples we would welcome any innovative and engaging ideas.
People who need most support
Funding bids should support:
* Residents who are struggling financially due to the increased cost of living, particularly energy costs. Residents in this group really face a financial risk and help should focus on maximising income and reducing the financial burden where possible.
* People with existing conditions, frail or vulnerable people who are at significant risk of harm. Residents in this group will still have financial concerns we want to reduce the risk of harm from living in a cold home.
Bid for funding
You can bid for funding by completing the form, grant applications are assessed by a panel made up of the council and third sector organisations, including Warrington Citizen’s Advice. If you are successful we will contact you.