What to Know
* Go to the Microsoft Store and install the Amazon Appstore > restart your PC.
* Next, open the Appstore and sign in with your Amazon account. Select desired app > Get > Install > Open.
This article explains how to get Android apps on Windows 11. Instructions apply to all Windows 11 laptops, computers, and tablets.
How to Download Android Apps on Windows 11
Windows 11 can only download Android apps in the Amazon Appstore, not the Google Play Store. You will need an Amazon account to download Android apps onto your Windows 11 device; you can use your existing account if you have one. Follow these steps:
1. Open the Windows 11 Start menu and select Microsoft Store. If you don’t have the Microsoft Store pinned to your Start menu, select All apps to find it from the app list, or search for it via the Start menu search bar.
2. Search for Amazon Appstore.
3. Select Install.
4. Select Set Up and follow the steps to install the Appstore. When it’s finished, restart your PC.
5. Open the Amazon Appstore. If it’s not in the Start menu, use Windows search to find it.
6. Log in to your Amazon account, or create a new one.
7. Choose or search for an app you want to download on your PC.
8. Select Get then Install on the app’s download page.
9. Select Open to launch the app.
Can I Get Android Apps on Windows 11?
You can download and install Android apps on Windows 11 via the Amazon Appstore. This functionality is entirely different than the Windows 10 method of running Android apps, which requires a connected Android smartphone. No emulation software is required to install Android apps as this functionality is built into the Windows 11 operating system.
How Can I Run Android Apps on My PC?
Once you’ve installed an Android app on your Windows 11 PC or tablet, you can open and run the app the same way you would with a Windows app.
If the Android app is designed for use on smartphones, it may not fill the entire screen on your Windows 11 device. However, if the app supports Android tablets, you may be able to expand or resize it.
To find the Android app after it’s been installed, open the Windows 11 Start menu and select All apps. The app should be visible on the list alongside all of your Windows apps. Alternatively, you can also search for the app by typing its name in the Start menu search bar.
Tap the Android app’s icon to open it. You can then move the app window with your mouse cursor or your finger if your device supports touch controls.
How Do I Get Google Apps on Windows 11?
It’s important to emphasize that Windows 11 can only download Android apps from the Amazon Appstore. You can’t install Android apps from the Google Play Store.
This restriction does mean you may come across some Android apps that you can’t install on your Windows 11 device, but this isn’t necessarily the end of the world. For example, while many of Google’s first-party apps such as Google Maps, Google Photos, and Google Drive aren’t available in the Amazon Appstore, most have Windows apps (so you won’t need the Android version).
Don’t forget about Windows apps and websites when it comes to accessing services on Windows 11 devices.
You can also access most of Google’s services on Windows 11 by using a web browser. Again, no additional app download is required.
* One way to remove apps on Windows 11 is from the Start menu. Select All Apps, right-click the app you want to remove, and select Uninstall. Alternatively, go to Settings > Apps > Apps & Features, select the three-dot button next to the app you want to remove, and choose Uninstall.
* Go to Settings > Apps > Apps and Features. Select the three-dot button next to the app you want to stop and choose Advanced Options. Next, go to Background Apps Permissions and select Never to prevent the app from running in the background.
* To connect your Android device to your Windows PC, connect the devices with a USB cable. Then on your Android, select Transfer files. On your PC, select Open device to view files > This PC. Alternatively, connect wirelessly with AirDroid from Google Play, Bluetooth, or the Microsoft Your Phone app.