Title: Shop Manager
Hours: 37.5 per week
Responsible to: Retail Support Manager
Responsible for: Assistant Shop Manager and Volunteers
Purpose of the Job As shop manager you will lead and motivate your team, creating a safe and energised work environment, whilst setting high standards in customer care. You will be responsible for the day to day management of the Belper Lighthouse shop, achieving agreed sales targets, maximising profit and providing effective support and overall management of staff and volunteers in accordance with Valley CiDS standards and policies.
Key Roles & Responsibilities.
· Seek to promote a positive team culture throughout the shop environment, fostering a spirit of unity and belonging, whilst identifying and developing the skill sets of individual team members.
· Effectively recruit, induct and train staff and volunteers ensuring they are fully equipped with the knowledge and understanding of shop operations in order to perform their roles effectively.
· Be responsible for the annual appraisals of the Assistant Shop Manager and conduct regular one to one meetings to monitor performance.
· Organise working patterns for all staff and volunteers ensuring the shop is fully staffed and effectively operating at all times.
· Ensure a standard of excellence in areas such as Customer Service and overall communication with staff and members of the public.
Sales and Profit
· Achieve agreed sales targets to maximise profit through effective stock management and cost control measures.
· Effectively analyse financial data relating to sales performance using the Kudos reporting system.
· Strategically support the Retail Area Managers by showing initiative in monitoring retail competitors, exploring trends and implementing promotional campaigns to help with continuous commercial development.
· Generate additional income using local partnerships and appropriate social media platforms.
· Be responsible for the overall stock management within the shop, ensuring stock is sourced, sorted, processed and merchandised in an effective and timely manner.
· Effectively manage collections and deliveries, regularly liaising with the Logistics Manager, drivers, and shop hives.
· Generate a high volume of stock onto the shop sales floor, applying consistent and appropriate pricing, along with Gift Aid where applicable.
· Identify high value items for eBay and any additional ways of recognising alternative revenue streams.
· Maintain the highest standards of display and visual merchandising throughout the shop including attractive window displays.
· Ensure high levels of cleanliness are consistently maintained.
Policy and procedure
· Ensure that all Valley CiDS Shop Security procedures and policies are correctly followed.
· Ensure that Valley CiDS shop Health and Safety policies and protocols are being fully adhered to, and that all building and shop equipment is maintained at all times, in accordance with Health and Safety regulations.
· Ensure Valley CiDS Gift Aid policies are followed.
· Ensure all Retail Risk Assessments are implemented at the correct time and that all paperwork is completed.
· Ensure that Manual Handling guidelines are consistently followed.
· Ensure that Valley CIDS Safeguarding processes in relation to children and vulnerable adults are implemented consistently
· Ensure that Valley CIDS Equality & Diversity policies and practices are adhered to by all staff and volunteers
· Ensure that Valley CIDS Data Protection & Confidentiality policies are adhered to by all staff and volunteers
· Comply with Valley CiDS Financial and Administration procedures as detailed in the Retail Operations Manual and Staff Handbook.
· Manage all weekly paperwork, ensuring they are in good order and submitted on time to Head Office.
· Ensure all communications and instructions from Head Office are actioned and passed on to all members of the team.
· Ensure that all shop property defects both internal and external are reported.
· Demonstrate competency using IT equipment on a daily basis.
· Uphold and promote the ethos and values of Valley CiDS at all times.
· Keep up to date with all Valley CiDS activity throughout the whole of the charity, engaging and supporting as and when required to help build publicity and help maximise income.
· Be willing to travel to training sites and meetings in line with the needs of the business.
· Carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities, appropriate to the level of this post.
As part of our retail safe guarding policy all of our manager roles are required to have a basic DBS check.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: £20,338.50 per year
* Company pension
* Employee discount
* Wellness programme
Work Location: One location